Multimedia authoring tools provide the framework for organizing and editing the elements of a multimedia project. Authoring software provides an integrated environment for combining the content and functions of a project. It enables the developer to create, edit, and import data.Multimedia authoring tools provide the framework needed for organizing and editing multimedia elements in a project.
Types of Authoring Tools
*Card- and page-based tools.
- Card- and page-based authoring systems provide a simple and easily understood metaphor for organizing multimedia elements.
- It contains media objects such as buttons, text fields, and graphic objects.
- It provides a facility for linking objects to pages or cards.
*Icon-based, event-driven tools.
- Icon-based, event-driven tools provide a visual programming approach to organize and present multimedia.
- Multimedia elements and interaction cues are organized as objects in a flowchart.
- Flowchart can be built by dragging appropriate icons from a library, and then adding the content.
- Time-based tools are best suited for messages with a beginning and an end.
- Some time-based tools facilitate navigation and interactive control.
- Macromedia’s Director and Flash are time-based development environments.
Welcome to the Course !