|Skill Development 13 (#Temporarytag)|
|Equation_of_A_Line_Part_2 - Graphic|
|Equation_of_A_Line_Part_2||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Learners need to understand the slope of a line.
Slope: the amount of upward or downward movement the line makes as you.
y-intercept: where the line crosses the y axis (This is when x = 0.).
1. Read the information and examples of Writing the equation of a line in the form y=mx + b.
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions):
Place answers in your journal.
1. How do you find the slope and y-intercept given the equation of a line?
2. Give an example of the equation of a line with a slope of 0?
3. Give an example of the equation of a line with a y-intercept of 0?
4. Explain the function of the slope of a line.
5. Explain the function of the y-intercept of a line.
Complete in Khan Academy: Line Graph Intuition