|In this week you will:
- start setting up your personal learning environment by getting a twitter account, and
- learn about the formulation of the United Nations, its role, structure and mandate.
In preparation for your first tutorials next week, you must:
- Watch the 2 part lecture on the History of International Cooperation
- Do Activity 1 and then watch the video on the Structure of the United Nations
- Watch the final lecture on the Creation of the United Nations
If you have time, take a look at the extension exercises. Make sure that you write notes as you go and note down any questions that you have to raise in tutorials and/or by tweeting out to the group.
Lectures and Viewings
Lecture - History of International Cooperation (Part 1)
Lecture - History of International Cooperation (Part 2)
|What do you think the UN does?
- Grab a pen and paper and jot down a list of things you think the UN does, based on your general knowledge.
- Next watch the video presentations below, and jot down anything new that you hear
- How close was your original list? What other activities or information did you note down as new?
- Pick one or two of your observations and tweet out to the group making sure to add #UOWMUN
Structure of the United Nations video
Lecture - The Creation of the United Nations