This lesson introduces the learner to the basic working processes of a computer. It demonstrates how the memory and the processor coordinate activities based on instructions received from input devices or computer programs stored on the disk drive.
| By the end of the lesson, you should be able to:
- List the basic components of a computer
- Describe how the memory relates to the processor for task handled by the computer
- Explain how input is obtained either from stored data or from input devices
- Describe how output is co-ordinated between the backing stores and the computer's memory and processor
| The diagrammatic layout simplifies the processes that occur when a computer is processing information and how it receives input data and outputs information to backing stores and the display unit.
- Draw an outline of a computer process indicating the input and output components
| Put your further reading here
Kaprebbie 15:27, 26 February 2007 (CET)