User:Vtaylor/Learning objects, personal learning environments, study guides/wikiformat list
Here are just a few of the resources that influenced the preparation of the discussion on Learning Objects, Personal Learning Environments, and Study Guides, along with notes about their content.
- Introduction to Open Education course by David Wiley - the primer on the subject
- What Web 2.0 Can Teach the Open Education Movement - Leary and Wiley provide an interesting look at some of the social media sites and how they are being used to publish research and educational content.
- Sustainability Models for Community College Open Textbooks - Kanter, Baker, Thierstein, and Forte discuss their work on developing and promoting open textbooks
available from the Center for Open and Sustainable Learning (COSL) site.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Handbook
a guide for educators interested in learning more about open educational resources, available from the WikiEducator.org site
- Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) - Use of open textbooks can lower educational costs for students. Become involved with the open educational resources (OER) movement so that doors to higher ... Community College Open Textbook Collaborative (CCOTC) - includes resources for evaluation criteria
- Learning Federation - develops digital curriculum content for all Australian and New Zealand schools. The project is a collaborative initiative of all Australian and New Zealand governments.
- OER Commons - Worldwide learning network of shared teaching and learning materials made freely available online. Grouped by subject area and grade level
- Models for sustainable open educational resources - Stephen Downes discusses a number of issues and models associated with the sustainability of of creation, distribution and use of learning objects
- Use and abuse of reusable learning objects - Although this was written in 2003 and a number of the terms have evolved, it is interesting to note how the processes and ideas have evolved for these early beginnings
Courses and conference proceedings about learning objects and open education
- Creating open educational resources from the UK Open University - creating your own open educational resources, write a learning unit, resources
- Composing free and open online educational resources - online course at Wikiversity, assignments include links to many good resources including, history, copyright, media
- Social Media & Open Education - an open course developed and facilitated by Alec Couros
- Open Education Conference - Vancouver, Canada, hosted by the University of British Columbia August 12 - 14, 2009. Videos of most sessions are available.
- Social Network Analysis, A Brief Introduction - mapping and measuring of relationships and flows between people, groups, organizations, computers, URLs, and other connected information/knowledge entities to understanding the relationships within a personal learning network