Module 8: Personalised learning and diagnostic assessments
| Your portfolio must demonstrate that you:
- Explore co-negotiation and collaborative support mechanisms for learning design.
- Explore appropriate strategies and methodologies for assessing skills for learning (including literacy and numeracy, online and digital, self-direction etc.).
- Prepare a case example where diagnostic assessment has been used to support learning (this may include literacy and numeracy, online and digital skills, self-direction etc.). This example should be directly related to your teaching.
- Critique the benefits of the chosen diagnostic assessment for supporting learning, and compare your experiences and views with perspectives from the research literature.
Demonstrate your understanding of the principles of building an effective learning community by applying a model (such as Salmon's 5-stage model) to a real-world learning context. Include a critique of the roles of mentoring, facilitation, co-negotiation, collaboration and learning agreements showing and discussing how they can be used to support the process.
You can either:
- Develop a sequence of learning activities designed to encourage information-sharing and collaboration. Include in your portfolio a written plan and any supporting resources needed.
- Critique the sequence of activities within an existing course (online, blended or face-to-face). Include in your portfolio a written report and any supporting resources.
Return to the Study Desk