|Learning and Teaching in Practice|
|Module 6: Critique learning design|
|Learning environments||Introduction | Face to face | Online and distance | Blended learning | Summary|
A learning environment is the overall context within which learning takes place. It may include any mix of:
- face-to-face learning
- online learning
- various types of learning activities
- learning resources such as readings or interactive materials in print or online
- assessment approaches
- any other components used to 'deliver' or support learning.
In the photo of the lecture shown here, the learning environment needs to be seen as a whole, including:
- Physical environment - the venue.
- Hardware and software used for the presentation - computer, screen, projector, PowerPoint, etc.
- Other learning resources - e.g., handouts.
- Teaching approaches used - i.e., the lecture and presentation.
- Learning activity - listening, viewing and taking notes.