| JavaFX: The future of Desktop Java?
| Convenor: Sven
- Anreas Gellendin
- Stylianos Ntilis
- Nik Peletekis
- What is necessary for making Java successful on the desktop?
- Is Java on the desktop dead?
- Discussion about requirements for desktop Java
- Chart Graphics (e.g. for trading views in finance business)
- 3D / OpenGL => JOGL
- RCP Framework seems necessary to succeed building large applications
- Is all about standards (some companies do not like to depend on not standardized technologies)
- Java on the desktop is alive and kicking
- JavaFX 2.x (or later versions) will help shape the future
- Further Questions
- Can JavaFX 2.0 and JOGL be combined