Introduction to Tutoring
- Go to this web page and read the information on the benefits of tutoring and the characteristics of a good tutor.
- Watch the video *Qualities of a Peer tutor - Short video interview describing the qualities expected of a peer tutor
- Read the notes on this page What is the role of the peer tutor
- Answer the following questions:
- What do you feel are the most important characteristics of a good tutor?
- Who will benefit by your becoming a tutor? Why?
- Describe any apprehensions you might have about becoming a tutor.
- Define the ultimate goal of tutoring.
- What do you personally hope to achieve by becoming a tutor?
- In your own career as a student, when have you felt most motivated to learn? What factors contributed to your motivation? Are there ways you could introduce these factors into your tutoring?
Send your answers to your tutor by email, Post it to your Blog or hand in a hard copy.