- What is the likelihood you will be pursuing a job in academia or industry?
- A. Academia; Industry; Both
- Do you have different versions of your resume based on your career goals?
- A. Yes / No
- How comfortable are you with regard to interviews? (1-10, where 10 is highest)
- Rank the Top 3 Areas that you Need Practice and Support
- Employer Research (i.e., culture, fit, responsibilities)
- Resume Development & Targeting
- Getting the interview (i.e., applicant tracking systems, networking, raising visibility / profile)
- Preparing for the interview (i.e., what is known, unknown)
- Interview strategies (i.e., what to say, managing stress)
- Post-Interview Followup (i.e., next actions, managing expectations)
- Are you working with recruiters and/or placement agencies for jobs in your field of interest?
- Yes / No
- Any comments you would like to share?
- Yes / No
Notes for Participants
- Print and bring two (2) copies of your resume. If you have more than one (1) resume, then bring those printed / hardcopy versions as well.
- Print and bring two (2) copies of a recent job advertisement / description you wish to pursue. (i.e., go to Indeed or Monster.com to find it)
- Laptops, tablets and electronic devices OK - as long as they don't interfere with attention to instructor, group participation.
- The instructor reserves the right to ask you to set aside your device.
- No texting / emailing / web surfing / posting during the workshop. A short texting break may be provided.
- Bring a pen and paper.