(: Numbers are used for ease of feedback, NOT to indicate priority) - Randy Fisher 15:52, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
- To rapidly develop newsletter content and ensure quality and version control to FIT stakeholders (particularly as the new FIT website nears completion and soft / hard launch dates).
- To easily leverage and re-purpose newsletter content; and also leverage ICTC material from other programs for use in ICTCs communication channels.
- This demonstrates that ICTC is active on several fronts
- This helps increase recipients understanding of how FIT works in conjunction with other programs and activities.
- To inform the development of FIT's Communication / Stakeholder Engagement strategy
- To support FIT's Regional Reps in their recruitment, relationship-building and outreach activities
- To share useful educational resources with the ICTC community; enable teachers to share resources with their peers (via social networks), respond to teacher needs, and strengthen connections with, and between teachers in the FIT teaching community.
- To conduct and leverage action research and knowledge sharing to: (1) inform the design and development of FIT's online teacher community; ((2) integrate with FIT's communication strategy and overall stakeholder engagement and project planning; and (3) promote and 'sell' the FIT program
- To ensure that the FIT Newsletter is open to all while making a clear distinction between freely-available content, and FIT Members-only (i.e., secure, password-protected content.)
- To contribute to ICTC's focus on sustainability
- To save time and money - by using WikiEducator's (WE) accessible and free hosting platform (wiki); and exploring potential opportunities for partnership, funding and collaboration with a growing community of 18,000+ educators in 120+ countries.