Welcome and Project Description
- A blog about Innovative Practices in Digital Literacy.
- We are in need of a "Name" for our Education blog.
- To engage educators and thought leaders to address gaps and share innovative practices in digital literacy
Themes, Streams & Topics
- topic 1
- topic 2
- topic 3
Note on Posting Site and Project Site
- We will be using this site on WikiEducator to "Manage" the Series, maintain the schedule, provide instruction, etc.
- We will be using a separate blog site (yet to be named) as the place were we will publish our postings, make comments, and dialog with each other.
Suggested / Proposed Contributors
- Brian Guay, NB folks
- Jamie O'Toole, Education Rep for FIT Schools, New Brunswick
- FIT Teacher, by subject area, geography
- Ray Sanders, Thompson Rivers University(telecentre - new models of delivery and education, tied into economic development - living case study
- Jillian Darwish, Knowledge Works Foundation
- Wayne Mackintosh, OERu
- Digital Information Literacy project, Otago Polytechnic, NZ
- Other (suggest please):
DATE: 1 Q 2013
TOPIC: Innovative Digital Literacy Practices in Gr. 11-12 Education. Access and mastery of digital IT skills is rapidly gaining momentum and taking shape. Is this the new transferable skill? Is it applicable to what a college education might be? Is it the 'new normal'? What are exciting practices that are gaining ground with young people. Is this real, or a flash in the pan?
Thank you to Ken Udas, formerly Executive Director, Penn State University, World Campus and CEO, UMass Online, for creating the blog planning and delivery template. See: Penn State, Terra Incognita, Blog Publishing Schedule