Case Studies depicted below have been adapted from various sources and Due credit is mentioned wherever the source is known.
Case Study 1
Case Study 2
CEMCA's Multimedia Learning Material Quality Assurance
Indicators of Analysis
- Needs are clearly stated and comprehensive.
- Needs are appropriately prioritised.
- Context is clearly and fully mapped.
- Learner profiles are adequately captured.
- Primary purpose of MLM is clearly stated.
- Usage aspects of MLM are clearly specified. (e.g. standalone / series, supplementary, integrated and/or any other).
- Content outline is indicative of the scope of the MLM.
- Raw content has been validated for appropriateness and accuracy.
- Content is accurately classified for design treatment as per learning domain.
Indicators of DESIGN
- Objectives are clearly defined, achievable, relevant and measurable.
- Content is pedagogically structured, logically sequenced and consonant with learner profile.
- Instructional Strategy is clearly stated, appropriate, achievable and compliant with ‘Analysis’ requirements.
- Media mix is appropriate, engaging and consonant with objectives.
- Learner Evaluation Scheme includes a variety of assessment techniques and is consonant with learning objectives.
- The Graphical User Interface (GUI) Design is intuitive, visually appealing and consistent.
- Fonts are legible and visually appealing.
- Layouts are clearly defined, consider all elements and reflect information hierarchy.
- Content, visuals, and instructional strategy are contextually relevant, gender and racially sensitive.
- Technical design is consonant with ‘Analysis’, ‘Instructional Strategy’ and ‘Visual Design’ requirements.
- The technical design reflects the latest developments in technology.
- Technical Design is compatible with on-line delivery requirements.
- Prototype Testing shows the effectiveness of ‘Instructional Design Strategy’, ‘Visual Design’ and ‘Technical Design’.
Indicators of DEVELOPMENT
- Storyboard follows a Structure Map, Objectives and defined Instructional Strategies.
- Storyboard uses simple, correct and clear language.
- Instructions provided in the storyboard to the developers are unambiguous and detailed.
- MLM is validated by subject experts.
- MLM is compliant with specified standards.
- Process Documents facilitate easy and quick development of MLM
- MLM testing in a simulated environment satisfies overall performance requirements.
Indicators for IMPLEMENTATION
- Implementation strategy provides clear roadmap for execution.
- Instructional manuals are self-explanatory, applicable and usable.
- Timelines for implementation are appropriate and realistic.
- Appropriate structure and resources are in place for implementation.
- Facilitators are empowered for implementation.
- Learners are adequately oriented.
Indicators for Evaluation
- Evaluation strategy is clearly outlined.
- Evaluation process is rigorous and as per standard procedures.
- Institutional mechanisms required for evaluation are specified.
- Evaluation tools are objective, valid and reliable.
- Provision for feedback and improvement is made.
Case Study 3
Case Study 4
Welcome to the Course !