Date & Time : 31, March 2020 10:56
Distribution:- free living worm found on surface of sea.
Habit and Habitat:- found in marine, swimming type habitat.
- It is the sexual phase of Nereis.
- Body:- differentiated into two distinct regions: an anterior atoke or non sexual region and a posterior epitoke or sexual region containing ova and sperms
- Metamerism:- body consists of about 200 segments or metameres.
- Head:- initial segments fused to form head consisting of eyes and peristomium.
- Prostomium contains prostomial tentacles, ocelli and palps.
- Parapodiacontain additional foliaceous lobes and setae become oar like.
- Reduction of muscles and alimentary canal is observed due to development of gonads.