Department of Zoology at ANDC
- B.Sc. (Honours) Zoology
- B.Sc. Program in Life Sciences
- B.Sc. Program in Applied Life Sciences
- Dr.Poonam A Kant, Associate Professor
- Dr. Monisha Khanna, Associate Professor
- Dr. Ravi Toteja, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Monica Misra, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Seema Makhija, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ram Kumar, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Ravinder Sagar, Assistant Professor
- Mr. Sacchidanand Mishra, Laboratory assistant
- Mr. Tara Dutt Sharma, Laboratory assistant
- Mr. Pramod Bhatt, Laboratory assistant
- Mr. Vikas Sharma, Laboratory attendant
- Mr. Jai Prakash Sharma, Laboratory assistant
- Mr. Sagar, Laboratory attendant
The museum of Department of Zoology has a large number of animal specimens. The characteristics of these animals with their habitat are depiced in a interesting manner.
Pl click here to access all the information.
ANDC’s zoological society NICHE was formed ten years back. Since then, every year it organizes various seminars and events in the college, both at inter- and intra-college levels to encourage students to showcase their hidden talents. This year, the inaugural function of NICHE, ‘OIKOS-08’ was held on Thursday, 11th September, 2008.
The function was marked with a talk on the killer disease ‘Thalassemia’ by Ms. Shobha Tuli, Secretary, Thalassemic India (NGO); Vice-President Thalassemia Federation Center, Cyprus. It was followed by another talk on the same disease by Ms. Poonam Anand, Member, Thalassemic India’. This NGO is run by the parents of children who are suffering from the disease of thalassemia. The talk was highly informative and moving for all of us. The students could get a complete picture and understand the importance of the disease. The members of the NGO also displayed posters and distributed pamphlets having information about the disease.
The Society also released a newsletter on the occasion which was followed by screening of short documentaries on animal diversity by Mr. Debadityo Sinha. Subsequently, the society held various science-related competitions, extra-curricular and co-curricular events and a prize distribution function. A large number of students participated in these events enthusiastically.
Compilation of different terms and explanation related to the field of insects