Demonstrate leadership skills in a tour context/Activities/Lesson Plans
Lesson Plan 1
An introduction to the tour guiding specialty. Students will look at what leadership means and different styles used in varying contexts.
- Course outline
Activity - Leadership slideshow and brief history
- A brief history of leadership - exercises
- Activity - What type of leadership style would be used in this context
- Expedition leader style analysis (Exercise)
- Leadership styles - Activity
- Roleplay demonstrating these styles
Lesson Plan 2 and 3
- Tourism context - discuss with students 'tourism context' activity. Get them to share their answers with as many different contexts as possible. Make sure all forms of leadership are covered.
- What is leadership (classroom exercise) - supported by "Leaderhip and the qualities of a leader".
- guided walk through university area.
Remember: Students need to know
- City Sights tour - Wednesday 9am sharp outside D Block back for facilitation
Go to blog
- Activity - Finding different types of leaders - in conjunction with Different types of leaders - reading
- What is your leadership style
- Interpersonal skills discussion - may need to be completed in next facilitation class
City Tour - 9am outside of D Block
- Activity Role play and discussion
- Map reading exercise
Google Maps etc
Preparation work for Assessment roleplay
- Assessment to follow next day in classroom session
- Facilitation time on following day can be used for catch up