Demonstrate leadership skills in a tour context/Activities/Finding different types of leaders
US 18364, Version 1, Level 4, Credit 4, Demonstrate leadership skills in a tourism context, Element 1, (PC1.1 - 1.2) - Assessment
To indentify and describe the characteristics of four different leadership styles, and identify in which specified tourism context they would be best suited.
Identify two key characteristics for the following styles of leadership.(PC 1.1)
- complete this activity in conjunction with the reading "Leadership styles" and referenced texts or internet sites (Wikipedia)
- laissez faire
Identify a leader who matches most of the characteristics listed for each style.
Now describe what kind of leadership style you would suggest for the tourism contexts below and write a brief paragraph explaining why (PC 1.2)
- tour guide with a large group of mixed aged clients
- tour guide with a small group of clients who have specialised knowledge
- tour guide who may offer clients certain choices in their tour and who relies on interactive feedback
- tour guide with group of at risk youth
If you are wanting to use a search engine for research try the following *keywords eg. leadership styles, power