Demonstrate leadership skills in a tour context/Activities/Assessments/Leadership skills
US 18364, Version 1, Level 4, Credit 4. Demonstrate interpersonal skills when leading in a group situation - Element 2
Interpersonal sklls are demonstrated while leading a short tour
- design a short tour (5 minutes) around a familiar local site (you can use the Otago Polytechnic campus or surrounds)
- each of you must act as leader and deliver your own interpretation
- each of you will be peer assessed to ensure you have demonstrated the following interpersonal skills
- flexibility, empathy, respect, communication, identification of physical or emotional stress. These skills will be tested during your tour.
- Make sure you interact with your group (communication) in a way which would be expected (PC 2.1)
- Actively encourage your group (PC 2.2)
- Provide physical and emotional advice if you identify such a need within your group (PC 2.3)
The emphasis of this activity lies more with the skills you display as a leader rather than the design or interpretation of the tour
-  - read this as a guide to some of the interpersonal skills a tour leader must have. Note: it is not an activity that you have to complete
"ATTTO moderated and approved 7 August 2009"