Demonstrate leadership skills in a tour context/Activities/All Lesson Plans/Lesson Plan 6
- Introduce natural history of NZ - compare to galapagos islands - get them enthused about what an amazing country NZ is from perspective of F and F - unique, high levels of endemism, crazy birds, crazy insects, crazy plants and trees
- Activity - Gondwanland - on Wiki - introduce where NZ has come from?
- Slideshow: Intro to NZ natural history (Part 1)
- tell the students that the next session will involve a trip to the Botanic Gardens and they will give a presentation in pairs on a plant - they will be given the plant but will have to go go the Botanic Gardens to research it and find out where it is.
- Go through the flora assessment on Wiki and give them their plants to research