E-Activity - Remix and reflection
|Course dashboard for #OCL4Ed|
|Creative Commons unplugged||Video signpost - Cathy Casserly | Introduction | The CC basics | CC overview | The CC licenses | Anatomy of a CC license | Remix and compatibility | Remix game | Summary | E-Activity - Remix and reflection|
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Reuse, revise, remix and redistribute Creative Commons resources plus reflection|
|Linked to course assignment for formal assessment services and optional activity for certificate of participation.|
- Choose a concept or idea on which to base an interesting blog post to share with fellow students. Think carefully: the nature of the topic you post may impact own the ownership of the copyright of what you are posting in terms of your employment agreements or contracts.
- Think about the Creative Commons license you would like to apply to your blog post as this may influence your search parameters for the required open materials you source for reuse in this post.
- Before you commence searching for Creative Commons resources, please read the learning outcome actions below regarding the license requirements for artefacts to be included in your blog remix.
- Search for openly licensed text relating to your concept or idea which you can copy, reuse and modify for your blog post.
- Search for a few images you could potentially use to illustrate or add visual appeal to your blog post. In this way you will be able to choose the "best" image from a short list. Remember to bookmark or keep the urls of the images you find.
- Tip: When using search engines to narrow down options for particular license choices always check the license and or terms of reference at the source site. When in doubt -- consider the source to be all rights reserved even if the search engine suggests otherwise.