Creating sustainable futures/CSF101/Course aims
Jump to: navigation, search
The Inspiring Challenge of Sustainable Development (CSF101) is a free micro Open Online Course (mOOC) designed for anyone who wants to learn more about creating a future where society thrives, through effective, strategic methodologies. This course will help you to:
- Understand how social, economic and ecological systems are connected.
- Understand the pressure humans are putting on natural systems
- Reflect on the systems you are involved in and the benefit/harm being done by participating.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Gain insights into what’s already possible by exploring examples of sustainable and symbiotic industrial design.
- Learn how completely sustainable buildings are being built with the Living Building Challenge.
- Introduce the concept of systems thinking, and why this approach so critical to tackling issues of sustainability in an effective and meaningful way.
- Introduce the Natural Step’s Five Level Framework for an effective and strategic approach to sustainable development.
- Learn how the ecological system works, and how humans are adversely affecting it.
- Learn how the social system works.
- Learn how humans have become the dominant shaping force on the planet.
- Explore the definitions of sustainable development and sustainability.
- Understand how the social system works, and why meeting human needs sits at the very core of sustainability.