Links: Quality Assurance for Multimedia Learning Materials (CEMCA)
- Learning design template, e.g. can be used equally for
- What is greatness?
- What is jazz?
Can we design learning?
- We can design instruction, a course of learning
- For some people under some conditions
Our task is to help people in tangible ways in critical areas: health & livelihoods
Learning won't happen
It needs to be planned
People need an opportunity to revisit what they have heard and to assess if they have learned effectively
- (see PPT)
Programme-orientation / series approach
- Allows you to design content to address the entire range of issues and learning needs
- Risk that you don't allow for feedback or action to address practical issues
- Incorporate the need for feedback and action into the learning design; an argument for community-focus, narrowcasting
Testing with audiences
- Need to focus on benefits rather than how to avoid