Certificate in Relaxation Massage
The Certificate in Relaxation Massage (Level 4) is designed to provide students with the base of practical massage skills and theoretical understanding that they need to operate as a practitioner of relaxation massage within New Zealand. Completing this qualification will qualify the students to gain registration as a Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) with Massage New Zealand (New Zealand’s professional association for massage therapists).
By the end of this programme students will:
- Have developed:
- knowledge of and competency in the safe practical application of massage methods at the level of a relaxation massage practitioner
- knowledge of interpersonal communication and the ability to create and maintain a therapeutic relationship
- basic understanding of anatomy and physiology relevant to the practice of relaxation massage
- knowledge of principles of sustainability and how they relate to massage practice.
- Be prepared for:
- further study in massage therapy
- self-employment as a relaxation massage practitioner
- registration with Massage New Zealand as a Certified Massage Therapist (CMT)