- 1 About the Finance Committee
- 2 Propose overall fiscal policy for adoption to the Governing Board
- 3 Prepare and submit an annual budget for the organization
- 4 Oversee preparation and filing of all taxes and fees
- 5 Certify to the Governing Board that an applicant for membership has paid the required dues
- 6 Notify members before their memberships expire that they need to renew and pay dues to be in good standing (i.e. vote)
- 7 Work with Program Board's Committees and Working Groups to plan and pay for programs
- 8 Work with Financial Development Committee to apply for funds
- 9 Supervise all accounting functions of the organization
About the Finance Committee
The purpose of the Finance Committee is to assist the Treasure in fulfilling his/her responsibilities to the organization. Below are the usual responsibilities. Please enlarge on these descriptions from your experience with other organizations and add your name and contact information wherever you are willing to help.
As of Nov. 1, 2010 our interim Treasurer is Angela Secrest. The Treasurer's job is to coordinate and oversee bugeting and accounting for the organization. The Treasurer does not have to do all the work alone. Please volunteer your expertise and take on all or part of one of the tasks listed below. As long as the jobs are done timely it may never be necessary for the Finance Committee to meet as a whole.
The Governing Board Member who chairs the Program Board is the co-chair of the Finance Committee. This has been arranged to facilitate integration of budgeting for specific programs into the overall organizational budget process.