This page is for collecting links to knowledge resources which may help us learn what we need to in this process.
On this page, are links to web pages, books, articles, media, etc. which may be useful.
- Development as Freedom, 1999.
- Freedom Charter
- Aligning the ideals of free software and free knowledge with the South African Freedom Charter
- Why Software Should Be Free
- Why Open Source misses the point of Free Software
- Stallman, Richard M (2010). Free Software, Free Society: Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman, Second Edition. Boston, Massachusetts: GNU Press. ISBN 978-0-9831592-0-9.
- Cloud Computing (which respects users' freedom).
Sustainability necessarily integrates inter-dependencies among social, economic and biophysical factors. This section includes resources which refer to more than one of these with sub-sections for each considered separately.
- Sustainability indicators
Indicators and other resources to about how the economy works.
- Environmental indicators of environmental health (pressures, conditions and responses)
- Ecological indicators.
- Conservation biology
- Animal Testing: the Good, the Bad, the Facts...
- Wikipedia Project on Animal rights
- Singer, P. Animal Liberation: A New Ethics for our Treatment of Animals, New York Review/Random House, New York, 1975; Cape, London, 1976; Avon, New York, 1977; Paladin, London, 1977; Thorsons, London, 1983. Harper Perennial Modern Classics, New York, 2009.
- Killing Fields: the battle to feed factory farms - related to agriculture, sustainability, human and animal rights.
- Sen, Amartya, Development as Freedom, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1999. (Review by the Asia Times)
- Jolliffe, Bob. "Aligning the ideals of free software and free knowledge with the South African Freedom Charter" First Monday [Online], Volume 11 Number 7 (3 July 2006)
- Free Software, Free Society: Selected Essays of Richard M. Stallman