BCcampus/WikiEducator Ambassadors/Value Proposition
- time savings for course development (30% approx).
- time savings for reader development (50% approx).
- professional development in learning technologies.
- ability to openly collaborate with peers, and projects locally and globally
- ability to partner internationally for content development; educational project development; research opportunities; philanthropic funding
- strategic opportunities for ancillary services (i.e., learner support, quality, etc.)
- linked to national OER collaboration in New Zealand
- new distribution and communication channel to key audiences and learners (i.e., current and prospective)
- membership in OER Foundation
- possibility of dedicated WikiEducator space (i.e., http://cotr.wikieducator.org)
- dedicated community and organization development support
- assistance in wiki-fying prior content (i.e., to get it into the wiki)
- support to increase people's desire to participate (i.e., "adoption")
- supporting individuals and groups in working cooperatively through complex and sensitive issues and dynamics, helping to achieve their goals
- building and leveraging communities of practice (i.e., by subject matter expertise; geographic boundaries, specific cultural and national groups)
- OER Foundation Progress report (as of August 2009)
- WikiEducator Value Proposition
- WikiEducator Pilot Projects
- Example of International Collaboration -- LearnShare HIV/AIDS Africa.
- Partners: International AIDS Society (Switzerland); Commonwealth of Learning (Canada) and EcoNews Africa (Kenya)