10 Steps to Wiki Collaboration
- Seed the conversation. Discuss / share a problem (or project idea) with your friend or colleague - have them write it up and send it to you via email, or go to Step 2 below.
- Record the conversation. Write it up on WikiEducator - save the page, etc. = Be sure to create the page with the Template:Demo_example_nav template
- Send the conversation. Send the page link to your friend via email
- Contact your friend (by phone, Skype or even in person)
- Ask Your friend to click on the page link - the WE page will now open
- Now, both of you can discuss the problem (i.e., content info on the page) while looking at it (i.e., collaborating)
- Your friend will give you input / feedback about what you originally wrote (Step 1)
- You will take this feedback, and directly edit the page - and save it (i.e., the wiki-way)
- Ask your friend to refresh his/her screen (this is a bit different in different browsers, or they can click the first tab at the top of the screen - the "page" button)
- Ask your friend what s/he sees - the COOL / WOW experience!
- Gently, gently ask them if they would be interested in being able to "do" - what you've just done....for themselves...
- Wait...wait.. listen for his / her answer....
- Ask them why....
- Then explain that there is a Very Simple way to edit their own content ~ and you would be glad to show them how....
- Schedule another time to talk / do the demo (you may want to send them one or two links ahead of time - like to register a WikiEducator Account)
- show them the showcase of User Pages (from Expo) - thanks Nellie!
- Point to the links in the template bar above....