What are the 3 most important considerations for successful initiatives in good governance interventions?
- understand the governance details as fully as possible – i.e.
work and information flows
- has to be people driven
- must have a collaborative and participatory approach
- decentralization provides opportunities
- building capacity of elected representatives
- striking the right balance between participatory democracy,
leadership and governance
- being clear on governance versus management
- cultural identities and management
What elements and approaches would you say are important to ensure inclusive participation in decision-making?
- Is a participatory approach important?
- Who should be included?
- How much participation is best?
- What approaches are useful or effective?
- Is an interactive awareness campaign regarding "who, what, how and why" helpful?