VirtualMV/Research/Tools and techniques
|Research in IT|
|Tools and techniques||Google (Forms) | Microsoft ( Word | Excel | Access | PowerPoint | Visio) | Zotero|
By the end of this section you will be able to:
- An online Quantitative analysis tool associated with
- McCabe, G.P., Craig, B.A., & Moore, D.S. (2012) Introduction to the Practice of Statistics. 7th ed.
- Accessed 2015-07-13
The Qualitative Data Analysis Program (QDAP) (http://www.umass.edu/qdap/)
- Accurate and reliable coding (or labeling) using humans and machines is central to both the qualitative research and the #bigdata text analytics process.
TAMS Analyzer for Macintosh OS X ( http://tamsys.sourceforge.net/ )
- TAMS stands for Text Analysis Markup System. It is a convention for identifying themes in texts (web pages, interviews, field notes). It was designed for use in ethnographic and discourse research.
- TAMS Analyzer is a program that works with TAMS to let you assign ethnographic codes to passages of a text just by selecting the relevant text and double clicking the name of the code on a list. It then allows you to extract, analyze, and save coded information. TAMS Analyzer is open source; it is released under GPL v2. The Macintosh version of the program also includes full support for transcription (back space, insert time code, jump to time code, etc.) when working with data on sound files.
- (Linux version available I believe - you could virtualise Linux (virtualBox) in Windows )