VirtualMV/Flash12 (CS6)/Media Basics/Content
- Flash Authoring Tool – Creates / edits content for the web. Files stored in .FLA format.
- Flash Plug-in – Installed automatically with most common browsers, but must be installed in the Web browser for the end user to see the content in the .SWF file.
- Flash Projector – Does not require a Web browser to play. Can be distributed on CD-ROMs or disks. Stored in .EXE (Windows) or .HQX (Mac).
The Flash Interface
- Timeline – allows you to control the static and moving elements in the project file using Layers, Playhead, Frames, and Status Bar.
- Stage – where your animation and images appear. White area is visible to the end user.
- Work Area – Light grey area around the Stage – invisible to the end user. You can place objects here until you want them to appear on the stage.
- Zoom (box) – drop down menu that allows you to quickly zoom in and out of the contents of the Stage.
- The Toolbox – contains tools that are necessary for creating and editing artwork.
- The Panels – Color and Library commonly displayed. Others appear if selected (sometimes as tabs).
- Property Inspector –Displays any relevant properties for objects, such as text, symbol instances, frames and component s.
- Actions –A popup window where you can add interactivity to the objects (Press [F9] to open the window)
- Workspace layout - (introduced CS4) allows you to select from layout templates
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found