|Welcome to WikiEducator!|
|I'm your WikiNeighbour and I welcome you to our dynamic community of 79,660 WikiEducators. |
I see you are starting your WE userpage! Enjoy the journey and work at your pace. I'm certain you will become a great WikiEducator. Congratulations!
If there's anything I can help you with, please let me know!
|Thread title||Replies||Last modified|
|Uploading images||2||15:43, 26 July 2010|
Adding an image to your page is pretty straight forward. You can add an image that's already in WikiEducator, but I'm guessing that you want to add a picture of yourself, which will need to be uploaded first.
- Click the link "Upload file" in the toolbox area on the left navigator.
The "Upload file" page displays. It's pretty straightforward to fill out:
- Select the picture from your computer that you want to upload.
- In the "Destination filename" field, replace the name entry with a unique name (maybe your full name if it's a picture of you), but keep the 3 character extension that goes with the image.
- Fill out the rest of the form the best you can.
- Click "Upload file" to upload the image to the WikiEducator database.
Now the file is ready for adding to your page.
- Go to the edit version of the page you want to add the image to and click on "Rich Editor", located just above the edit window.
- Click the button that's a picture of a mountain .
- The "Image properties" dialog box displays.
- Type the name of your image in the "Image file name" window. Images with that name will display in the search window. Be sure to use lower & upper case letters as you did in the original destination filename.
- Select the image name from the search window.
- You can indicate features of the image using the functions on the bottom of the dialog.
- Click "OK" and your image should appear in the edit window.
I'll keep an eye out to see how you make out. If you have any troubles, just reply to this message. Good luck. Alison