- 1 Introduction
- 2 Strand
- 3 Aims
- 4 Prior knowledge
- 5 Preknowledge
- 6 Assessment
- 7 Summary
This lesson plan was developed by the participants of the Library and Information Literacy Pilot Project, spearheaded by the School Library Services of Trinidad and Tobago.
Intellectual property issues
Play music of a popular artist using 2 CDs; one original and one pirated. Question: Do you notice any differences in the packaging of the CDs? How can you identify original material.
Strategies/ Questions to guide learning
- Why do you need to know this information?
- Show different media and explain how copyright affects them all
- How to locate the different pieces of information neede for bibliographies e.g.recording year of publication, place, company etc.
Instructional focus/ content sequenced
MLA format sequence of recording of information
- all formats
- AV room/ Library
Description of activity / Instructional activities/ Methodology
- Give students different media to compile bibliography
- Prepare sample to present to class
- Create activity sheet; e.g.filling the blanks
- Compare and contrast different media
- Visual and performing arts
- Computer studies
- Social studies
Follow up activities
Make bibliographic items available in the library.