User:Rajani Ranjan Singh
Name : Dr. Rajani Ranjan Singh
Designation : Assistant Professor
School : School of Education
University: Uttrakhand Open University, Haldwani, Uttarakhand
Date of Birth : 15th March 1974
Qualification: Ph.D. in Education on the topic, “A study of Human Values as Enshrined in the Constitution of India among Higher Secondary Students in Relation to their Educational and Demographic Variables” , M.A.(Eco.), M.A. (Psy.) Gold Medalist, M.Ed.Gold Medalist (BHU) PGPDSEMR (Distinction) UGC-NET in Education and Psychology
Teaching Areas: Psychological Foundation of Education, Research Methodology, Measurement and Evaluation and Special Education
Research Areas: Value Education, Special Education and Psychometrics in Pedagogic Sphere
Interests: Research Work in Tribal Affairs, Counselling, and Rehabilitation Work for Children with Special Needs (MR)
PUBLICATIONS (Books/Course Materials Developed):
- Study Materials in Advanced Educational Psychology and Human Growth for the Course M.Ed. (Special) of Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
Unit-1: Psycho-social Issues Related to Disability Unit-2: Learning Characteristics of Children with Special Needs Unit-4: Assessment Techniques in Disability Unit-5.4: Tools and Techniques for Educational Assessment Unit-5.5: Interpretation of Test Results and Educational Implication
- Study Materials in Psychological Bases of Education for the Course M.A. Education of Uttrakhand Open University, Haldwani, Uttrakhand.
Unit 05- Lawrence Kohlberg’s Theory of Moral Development and Its Educational Implications. Unit 06- Jerome Bruner’s Theory of Cognitive Development and Its Educational Implications.
PUBLICATIONS (Research Paper/Article):
S.No. Title of the Research Paper/Article Journal’s Name and Publication Place Month and Year Volume 1. Samajik, arthik avam rajnaitik pariprekshya mein mahila shsaktikaran ki vastaviktain. Pariprekshya, NUEPA, New Delhi April, 2007 1st 2. Inclusive Education: Why and How to make it Possible. Taleem, Islamia Teachers’ Training (B.Ed.)College, Patna, Bihar February, 2008 1st 3. Manav Moolya Mapni ke Saidhantik Nihitarth aur Vikas Prakram Pariprekshya, NUEPA, New Delhi December, 2008 3rd 4. Bhumandalikaran ke Daur main Shiksha ke Badalte Ayam. Parisheelan, Suruchi Kala Samiti, Varanasi December, 2008 1st 5. Teacher’s Effectiveness: A Probe into Its Theoretical and Practical Connotation NECST- Journal of Teacher Training, Ghaziabad September, 2009 1st 6. Teacher Educators’ Attitude Towards Yoga Education: A Descriptive Study. International Journal of Education and Allied Sciences, AACS Society, Meerut, U.P. December,2009 1st 7. Withering Science Education: Ways and Means to make it Qualitaive University News Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi July,2011 8. Emotional Competence: A Probe into its Connotation Education Today AACS Society, Meerut, U.P. August,2011
Paper presented in Seminar:
1. “Connotations and Components of Quality Concern in Distance Education System : An Overview”, Paper presented in National Seminar( March 25, 2007) on Issues, Opportunities and Challenges to ODL system in Higher Education at UPRTOU, Allahabad, U.P. 2. “ Human Rights Education as an Accelerator of Human Resource Development” Paper presented in National Seminar ( March 20, 2005) on Human Rights Education in 21st Century- Needs and Importance, held at College of Education, Ghaziabad, U.P. 3. “ Society and Gender Barricades: How to Cross Them”, Paper presented in UGC- sponsored National Seminar (Feb.24-25, 2006) on Women Issues in Globalised Era : Current Trends & Present Needs, at J.V.M.G.R.R. P.G. College, Charakhi Dadri, Haryana. 4. “ An Understanding of Ways and Means to Incorporate Human Rights while Transacting at Secondary Level ”, Paper presented in UGC- sponsored National Seminar (Feb.19-20, 2006), at J.V.M.G.R.R. P.G. College, Charakhi Dadri, Haryana. 5. “Information and Communication Technology as a Supporting Hand for Inclusive Teachers with Special Needs” Paper presented in National Seminar (March 26-28, 2006) on Early Identification and Intervention and Curricular Needs of Children With Special Needs, at Faculty of Education, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P. 6. “ Indian Traditional Thoughts and Value Education: Need of the Hour”, Paper presented in UGC- sponsored National Seminar ( Sep. 2005) on the Education of Values and Ethics for Perspective School Teachers’ at Shah Govardhan Lal Kabra Teachers’ College (C.T.E.), Jodhpur, Rajasthan. 7. “ICT as a Supporting Hand for Inclusive Teachers” Paper presented in the National Conference on Teacher Education in Communication Age at Advanced Institute of Management, Ghaziabad, U.P. 8. “ Cognitive Development and Moral Development : A Scientific Perspective” Paper presented in M.Ed. Seminar ( Sep.2004) at Faculty of Education, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Delivered Talk as a Resource Person :
1. In the Capacity Building Training Programme organized for the Resource Teachers Working under SSA Authority (Punjab) in the four districts of Punjab during 13th June to 17th June, 2011 ; 2. In the Capacity Building Training Programme organized for the District Level Education Officers on SSA Planning Process and Formulation of Annual Work Plan & Budget in the context of RTE, 2009, Sponsered by MHRD, Govt, of India and organized by NIAR, LBSNAA, Mussoorie in the four districts of Bihar during 6th March to 12th April, 2011; 3. Lecture Series Organised by the Faculty of Education, D.B.S. College, Kanpur on the topic, “ Learning Theories: Connectivism to Constructivism” on 9th April,2011;
4. In the Training Programme of Testing and Evaluation organized by the Regional Field Unit (Region-3, Uttrakhand) of National Testing Service, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore ( MHRD, Deptt. of Higher Education, Govt. of India) on the topic “techniques of evaluation” under the main theme of the programme- Revamping the Evaluation System on April 2,2009. 5. In the Training Programme of Testing and Evaluation organized by the Regional Field Unit (Region-3, Uttrakhand) of National Testing Service, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore ( MHRD, Deptt. of Higher Education, Govt. of India) on the topic “techniques of item writing” under the main theme of the programme- Revamping the Evaluation System, on 19th March ,2010. 6. In the Teleconferencing Programme (regarding Special Education) of IGNOU and Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi, broadcasted through Navshikhar Television Channel on the topic “The Tools and Techniques of the Assessment of Educational Achievement of Mentally Retarded Children”, November 25, 2009.
Developed Research Tools:
Human Rights Values Scale meant for assessing human rights values of adolescents. Human Values Scale meant for assessing human values as enshrined the Constitution of India of adolescents. Problem Questionnaire related to Micro and Macro Teaching meant for assessing the types and intensity of problems faced by Teacher Trainees during Teaching -Practice Session. Emotional Intelligence Scale meant for assessing the Emotional Intelligence Quotient of BPO’s Personnel.
Workshop and Seminar Attended:
1. Participated in Gender Sensitive Programme for Teacher Educator, From Sep.19 to Sep.23 2005 organised by National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD), Regional Centre, Lucknow, U.P. 2. Participated in the National Consultation (Oct. 26-28,2004) on Women with Disabilities in India at Jagad Guru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University, Chitrakoot, U.P. 3. Participated in the “ International Seminar on Quality School Education for All” organized by the National University of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi, from March 5-7,2009.
Teaching Experience ( Twelve Years) :
1. Worked as Lecturer in AMOGHA Institute of Professional and technical Education, Ghaziabad (U.P.) in B.Ed. Since July 2004 to 14th April, 2006 2. Worked as Lecturer in MMI, Mussoorie (Uttrakhand)in B.Ed. Wing since 15th April, 2006 to 30th May, 2009.
Administrative Experience :
Worked as Head of the Department, Teacher Education Department in MMI, Mussoorie (Uttrakhand) since 1st June,2009 to 16 th August,2011.
Sub Editor of International Journal of Educational and Allied Sciences, AACS Society, Meerut, U.P.
Members of Professional Bodies
Rehabilitation Council of India, New Delhi as Special Educator (MR) BHU Alumni Association, Varanasi, U.P. Council for Teacher Education, Bhopal, M.P. as Teacher Educator