- 1 About Ndema Stanley Mapunda
- 2 WORKING EXPERIENCE
About Ndema Stanley Mapunda
An ICT Specialist, Capable of providing solution, implementing changes & improvements to produce business efficiencies. Determined to supply cost-effective solutions to business requirements. Able to assimilate knowledge and acquire new skills quickly and to communicate technical issues in non-technical language. Customers focused with a can-do attitude. Has to date resolved ICT related problems with his responsibility.
Short Courses Attended
SPSS Training for Data Analysis ( 9 to 10 April 2011) – University of Dar es salaam Business School Training on Open Source Software (18 -22October, 2010) – University of Dar es salaam Computing Centre Project Management – PMP study facilitation Program ( 2 – 5 September, 2010) –Vinsys, India IT risk, Security Management and Cybercrime Prevention (1- 5 March, 2010) – Intelligent Africa, South Africa.
- Aspects of system & network design, implementation and configuration (PBX, WAN and LAN Routing and Switching, TCP/IP, IPX, DNS, FTP.
- Design and implementation of Automation System
- Testing and Quality assurance
- Database Management, Development & integration(SQL, Oracle, Ms Access)
- Programming languages (Pascal, C/C++, C#, VB, Java)
- Information Systems Security - Design, Implementation and Management
- Teaching and Training skills
Project Management and Coordination
- PAMBANET – Application for Management of Cotton Contract Farming
- Programme for Cotton and Textile Sector Development
- Cotton Classification Information Systems
- Online Integrated Cotton Information System – Tanzania Cotton Board
- Pension Management System - Local Authorities Pensions Fund
OCT 2009 to date, Senior ICT Officer, Tanzania Cotton Board
- Managing and maintaining the entire ICT infrastructure within the organization.
- Provide technical support to all employees of the organization to meet their ICT requirements that are specifically related to ICT infrastructure.
- Define and implement security and authorization of access to organization data and maintain ongoing internal audit processes, which record system activity such as log-ins, file accesses, and security incidents.
- Develop and implement data backup procedures, disaster recovery plans, emergency operations, and data security.
- Develop ICT policies, standards, and guidelines for the organization
- Establish guidelines for the organization ICT plans, review cost-benefit analysis and approve organization ICT budgets and plans.
- Plan and manage all new ICT projects
- Research latest technology that can be implemented in the organization. This includes coordinating with ICT suppliers and service providers, attending ICT seminars and events that are relevant to the organization’s ICT interests.
- Review and approve the lease, purchase or contractual acquisition of ICT services and equipment.
Oct 2009 – September, 2010, Part-Time Lecturer
Institute of Finance Management ( Department of Computing and Information Technology) WORK ASSIGNMENT Lecturing computer Science courses at Advanced Diploma Level.
March 2009 – June 2009, Short Term ICT Consultant, UNICEF – TANZANIA
- Assist in updating LAN network connectivity diagram and other related documents
- Updating LAN IP list to avoid IP conflicts
- Getting GPS coordinates of all UNICEF SM’s home location and putting them on Google earth as part of DRCP/BCP and to improve VHF repeater coverage
- Assist ICT in loading new XP images on all existing and new laptops/desktops
- Loading of MS Security Patches, Antivirus SEP11 on all XP clients
- Assist in physical maintaining of UPS, Printers, Desktops and Laptops
- Taking Help desk calls
July 2008 - March 2009, Software Engineer Agumba Computers Ltd - Tanzania
-Establish user and systems requirements, making recommendation on how to implement them -Preparing documentation for information systems including standard and procedure manual -Reviewing computer applications and proposing improvements measures -Enforcing security measures in all information system and databases including planning and implementing backup and recovery procedures - Software project management and quality assurance - Client/ Server software installation and configuration -Participating in work plan and management activities 4 Oct 2004 – Dec 2007 Software Engineer OIKONET - Greece Work assignments -Design and Developing web based applications and database applications -Installation of clients/server software and configuration - Preparing documentation for information systems and technical reports - Plan, Deployment, configuration and Testing MS Exchange server/Client - Enforcing security measures in MS Exchange server/client - Manage Mail box and Troubleshooting Exchange Server - Feb 2002 – June 2007 Volunteer Computer Instructor Glad tiding International Fellowship - Greece Work assignments -Training users in MS applications and operating systems -Preparation of teaching materials and student learning manuals. -Software installation May 2001 – Sept 2001 Computer Network Engineer Agumba Computers Ltd - Tanzania Work assignments -Manage LAN for the customers - Design and implementation of Computer Networks -Writing technical proposal and report -Loading of MS Windows operating system and MS application software for the clients/Server Computer -Computer hardware installation, upgrade and replacement -Implementation of security policies (Password, Antivirus, Backup and firewall) - Plan, Deployment, configuration and Testing MS Exchange server/Client June 2000 – April 2001 Computer Network Engineer Work assignments Muggy Business Machine - Tanzania -Manage LAN for the customers - Design and implementation of Computer Networks - Design and Maintenance of PSRC website -Loading of MS Windows operating system and MS application software for the clients/Server Computer -Computer hardware installation, upgrade and replacement - Plan, Deployment, configuration and Testing MS Exchange server/Client - Enforcing security measures in MS Exchange server/client - Manage Mail box and Troubleshooting Exchange Server 5 July 1999 – Oct 1999 Trainee System Engineer NSSF- National Social Security Fund - Tanzania Assignments - System & User support - Data entry, validation and cleaning -Software & Hardware installation July 1998 – Oct 1998: Trainee Computer Specialist Institute of Finance Management - Tanzania Assignments -- Data entry, validation and cleaning - Assist in Computer Maintenance LEADERSHIP
Member of Management Team – Tanzania Cotton Board ( Oct 2009 To date) Member of Management Team – Agumba Computer Limited (July 2008 - March 2009)
Chairman of Institute of Finance Management - Christian Union (1998 – 2000) Membership Member of Free and Open Source Foundation For Africa Hobbies: Reading Jogging Swimming Lifting weight Reference
My Favouritie links
|300pxInternal Links Cotton regulatory board