Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
It is one of the largest Open Universities in the World in terms of student enrolments. Established in the year 1985, it has now 20 Schools of Studies and a vast network of Regional and Study Centres with student strength of over 1.5 millions.
Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education (STRIDE)
The STRIDE is the staff development unit of IGNOU responsible for research and development in distance education. It conducts training programmes in various areas of distance education for the teaching and non-teaching staff of IGNOU and other distance education institutions in India. It also offers long-term staff development programmes such as the Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education (PGDDE) and the Master of Arts in Distance Education (MADE).
- Prof. Santosh Panda, Director
- Prof. P.R.Ramanujam
- Prof. C.R.K.Murthy
- Prof. Madhu Parhar (on EOL)
- Prof. Basanti Pradhan
- Prof. P.K. Biswas
- Readers/Dy. Directors
- Dr. R.Satyanarayana, Reader(at Hyderabad RC)
- Dr. Sanjaya Mishra, Reader (Download CV)
- Dr. Ashok K. Gaba, Dy. Director (Research)
- Lecturers/ Analysts
- Ms. Mythili Gowtham, Analyst (Sr. Scale)
- Mr. Tata Ramakrishna, Lecturer
- Ms. Rose Nembiakkim, Lecturer
- Mr. Satya Sundar Sethy, Lecturer
Includes some list of publications for testing:
Mishra, Sanjaya (2008). Understanding Learning Technologies, New Delhi: Viva
Mishra, Sanjaya (2005). Roles and competencies of academic counsellors in distance education, Open Learning, 20 ( 2), 147-159.