- The superlative of a word is the form we use to compare three or more things and to pick out one thing as more "x" than all the others.
- Generally THE comes before the superlative word.
- 1. THE USE OF THE SUPERLATIVE
Everest is the highest mountain in the world. It is also the most famous mountain in the world.
- 2. The form of the superlative
To form the superlative, we use the ending -estor the adverb most:
THE + ADJECTIVE/ADVERB + -EST
THE + MOST + ADJECTIVE
The most quickly
- GO TO THIS PAGE AND DO THE EXERCISES