About Kahema Irema
Matured, enthusiastic, Tanzanian man,interested in population development and research, having more than ten (10) years experience working with international funded organizations in an area of community development ,and health demographic surveillance systems.
Demography (majoring in fertility,mortality and migrations)and population research
Masters degree in Demography at the University of Dar Es salaam . Holding a bachelor degree in Rural Developments from Sokoine University of Agriculture (2010), Certificate on participation monitoring and evaluation from Wageningen University-Netherlands (2013), Certificate on public integrity restoration developments-UDSM (2010) and Certificate on health research education program (2006)I am proficient and experienced in Project management, highly practical experience on research and developments, and interested with scholarly working environments.
- Web2.0 workshop-KINU capacity building,co creation and innovation-Dar es Salaam (June 2013)
- Monitoring and evaluation for impact- Wageningen -The Nethelands(March 2013)
- PIRI-University of Dar es salaam (2012)
- CITI human subjects education program-Seattle USA (2006
- HIV PREVENTION
Concurrency partnership campaign in HIV preventions, implementing behaviour change campaign on “Tuko Wangapi in Rufiji district ” 2012(Coordinator)
- DUCS PLATFORM SETTING
Setting of the Dar es salaam urban cohort conducts and procedure platform under the MUHAS in Ukonga 2011 (Consultants) TRIAL OF PRE-PREGNANCY SUPPLEMENTS (TOPPS)
The objectives of the study was to determine the predictors of poor adherence to multivitamin supplements among Tanzanian women ages 15-29 during the pre-pregnant periods. October 2010 to date (Field manager)
- INESS -ACCESS AND COSTING MODULE.
The project objective was to assess the effectiveness of new malaria treatments and its determinants in real life setting in Africa. The module aim at finding the access and costing of the new malaria treatments, randomly selected households in the HDSS are visited detailed information are collected on access and cost of malaria drugs. September 2010 to date (Data collection)
- INESS -POPULATION PARASITIMIA PREVALENCE MODULE (PPP) September 2010-2013
- RHDSS WITH ALL APPLIED NESTED STUDIES.
Ensuring and strengthen translation of appropriate information, evidence and research results into public health action, monitoring and evaluation, capacity building-September 2010 to date
- NUTRITION AND ANTHROPOMETRIC MEASUREMENTS/MUAC STUDY, January 2011
- VERBAL AUTOPSY. VAs are used in health-care projects involved in research and evaluation of health services .Key informants record deaths that occur in their area in a mortality register; this is reported to the interviewers who will conduct the VA. The interviewers make appointments to visit the houses of the bereaved families. On the appointment day, an interviewer visits the house and administers a VA with the caretaker or a close family member of the deceased. The VA questionnaires are designed to suit the settings of the area under surveillance Such information as name, age, sex, occupation, and other risk factors is usually collected, in addition to an open history of events leading to the death, previously diagnosed medical conditions, and signs and symptoms that appeared before death. September 2010 to date
- BIRTH COHORT STUDY-MALARIA CLINICAL TRIALS ALLIANCE(MCTA)
The Mother Offspring Malaria Studies (MOMS) Project is a collaborative malaria research project between Morogoro Regional Hospital (MRH), National Institute for Medical research (NIMR), Sokoine University of agriculture (SUA), and the National Institutes of Health USA (NIH) which are studying the causes of severe malaria and new treatments for malaria during pregnancy July 2005 to August 2007(Field coordinator)
- DELIVERY HOSPITALIZATION-MALARIA VACCINE INITIATIVES (MVI) July 2005 to August 2007 (Field coordinator).
- EQUITY AND HEALTH PROJECT. October 2003(Field Supervisor)
- MTIMBA PROJECT October 2003(Data collection)
• NSS PROJECT July 2002 (Field Supervisor) • PDA PROJECT July 2002(Field Supervisor) • IMPACT ,July 2001 (Field Supervisor)