A young highly motivated, dynamic, goal-oriented university graduate and ICT enabled leaning expert. Worked for several years developing and applying technology and education solutions at pre-tertiary and tertiary levels and rural settings. I am well vexed in training methodologies and Open Source for Education and Development including Moodle, Wikis, etc. My work as IT & Education consultant internationally, allowed me to explore my interest in Application ICTs in Education which brought me several new clients and collaborators including the Commonwealth of Learning - an intergovernmental organisation created by Commonwealth Heads of Government to encourage the development and sharing of open learning/distance education knowledge, resources and technologies; World Education International/Ghana - international NGO dedicated to improving the lives of the poor through education, and economic and social development programs; Plan Ghana - international NGO that promotes child rights to end poverty; International Institute for Communications and Development - international non-profit foundation that specialises in information and communication technologies (ICT) as a tool for development; Wireless Africa - a research project being in ten (10) African countries funded by the International Research Development Center (IDRC); British Council DelPHE Program - UK Government's programme that provides funding to support partnerships between Higher Education Institutions (HEIs); European Union FP7 funded Digital World Forum - an FP7 funded research on Accessible and Inclusive ICTs focusing on the use of ICT to leverage economic development in Africa and Latin America.
- Training: Implementation of training frameworks in Instructional Technologies, Technology in Education, Open Source applications, and Computer Education for pre-tertiary and tertiary learners.
- IT Consultancy with Good Reporting: IT project needs assessment, field research, detailed report writing, project resource planning and control, monitoring and evaluation.
- Project Management & Event Coordination: Project implementation and exchanges with international development partners and research institutions; Logistics management and participants’ interfacing and communication.
- Project proposal formulation: Innovative application of technologies (mobile/sms, computers, power) for development in rural settings and schools.
- Technology Deployment: Design and implementation of technologies for rural development, international technology equipment acquisition processes, installation/deployment of computing (virtual and low powered systems), indoor/outdoor wireless networks and mobile/sms solutions.
AWARDS: Notable awards ensured that I contributed and collaborated into the activities of local and international organisations including:
- ITU International Telecommunication Union fellowship in 2001
- tt30 -Young Think Tank of the Club of Rome in 2003
- WSIS - World Summit on the Information Society (World Youth Caucus) in 2005
- COL PROTEIN grant to establish the Winneba Open Digital Village for ICT Capacity Building in Ghana in 2007
INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANCIES & INVOLVEMENTS
Students Bridging the Information Gap, USA: 2008 – 2011 (on-going)
- Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator for sustainable information and communication technologies for Education in selected orphanages across Ghana.
Plan International-Ghana: 2010 – 2011 (on-going)
- Project Consultant for assessment and implementation of ICTs for Education and Development project under the Girls’ Football project in Asesewa Program Area, Ghana.
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM), France: 2008 - 2009
- Consortium Member Representative for an European Union (EU) Seventh Framework Program (FP7) 18-month research project (the Digital World Forum Project) focusing on the use of ICT to leverage economic development in Africa and Latin America. Consortium included Orange Labs of France Telecom, Center for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa and World Wide Web Consortium’s Mobile Web Initiative.
British Council Ghana: ICT for Development Network for African HEIs: 2006 - 2009
- Member of the UEW team funded by the British Council (Ghana) for 3-years as part of the 4-member African Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) research network through the Development Partnerships in Higher Education (DelPHE) funding.
International Development and Research Center (IDRC), Canada: 2007 – 2008
- Ghana country lead and member of the Wireless Africa research and development project with 10 African countries coordinated by the Meraka Institute of the Center for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, Meraka Institute: South Africa 2008
- Ghana team lead for a research project being held in ten (10) African countries funded by the International Research Development Center (IDRC) and coordinated by Meraka
International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD), Netherlands - 2008
- Consultant / Project Manager for technical training and implementation of shared wireless internet connectivity in Salaga (Northern Ghana) for the sustainability of the Community Information Centres funded by the Ministry of Communication and UNDP office in Ghana.
Commonwealth of Learning, Canada: 2007 - 2008
- Consultant for Winneba Open Digital Village project funded through the Poverty Reduction Outcomes Through Education Innovations and Networks (COL-PROTEIN) programme of the Commonwealth of Learning Canada. Project focused on ICT for capacity building and community development.
Partnership for Higher Education in Africa, USA: 2007 - 2008
- Project Manager & Trainer for UEW Content Development Initiative – a initiative to develop Digital Educational Content or Open Educational Resources (OERs) to share within the University Community (Student and Lecturers) and the Wiki Educator Community hosted at http://wikieducator.org/UEW
International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD), Netherlands - 2006
- Lead country consultant working with an international lead consultant for monitoring and evaluation of selected ICT projects in Northern Ghana funded by the CORDAID and implemented by IICD in Ghana with partner NGOs – SEND Foundation and PEPS-C.
Chief Executive Officer, TechAide : April 2011 – Date
- A technology for development (t4d) social enterprise specialized in working with development institutions by providing IT training, research, installation of low voltage computers, energy solutions (solar and power backups) and networking (wireless and wired) in rural Africa.
Executive Director 1ViLLAGE Group: January 2010 – March 2011
- Project management and implementation of technology for rural development projects using computers, wireless technologies, solar/battery backup and mobile/sms solutions; Strategic partnership management with international technology and project partners; Group strategy formulation, presentations and report writing; and Staff recruitment and supervision.
Administrator & Instructor ICT Center, University of Education (UEW): October 2003 – Date
- Administration and tasks scheduling of Junior and Senior Staff; Project proposal formulation and implementation with international partners; and IT Instruction of Bachelors students and examination monitoring
Country Director oneVillage Foundation: November 2003 – December 2009
- Design and implementation of projects in Education, Technology and Health; Maintaining relationships with local and international project stakeholders; International volunteer coordination with universities in United States and Asia; and Presentations at international conferences, seminars and events. Designed the Catch IT Young - ICT Education program that builds capacities of students and teachers in pre-tertiary schools in Southern Ghana using ICT professionals as volunteers.