- 1 My profile
- 1.1 Professional background
- 1.2 Education
- 1.3 My interests
- 1.4 My Sandbox
- 1.5 An edible garden
- 1.6 My wiki projects
- 1.7 Culinary Education
- 1.8 Feedback and notes from my <a href="WikiNeighbour">WikiNeighbours</a>
Introducing Jane Scripps I was born in the UK and have been a Kiwi for 31 years. I live in Whangarei , Northland which is the service town for the Northland Peninsula, it has about 79,000 residents, a mainly bi-cultural population of Maori and European with a growing newer population from anywhere else. I live in town and love the beach, Whangarei has 100 of them apparently. The Rugby World Cup is big news for my city in September 2011 Globalsport/Teacher Notes/Culture Community and this is the kind of preparation NZ is involved in 
I guess I am a lifelong educator and learner, I love skyrocketing or creating ideas and implementing them. I have hospitality qualifications that include OND and HCIMA <a href="http://www.instituteofhospitality.org/">[n]</a> from the UK and worked for Marks and Spencer there, my passport to work in NZ. I have an Adult Education undergraduate degree and am half way through a post-graduate in Social Enterprise. Professionally I turned my life on its head when I left my longterm employer and created my own company recently, now I starting on the next part of my professional life. I guess I should add that I am a trained City and Guilds chef and restaurant manager <a href="http://http://www.cityandguilds.com/search-results.html?fQuery=chef">[n]</a>, this is for those looking to see why I have put my hand up to develop the Culinary Education WE. I also taught chef and front of house training for a number of years, running restaurants and functions as part of that time.
Is all around us, and available at any time. Community Education- its creating and implementation, which was my most recent portfolio works on the understanding that it is accessible and enriches the lives and environments of community members. Whilst I was formally educated in a conventional setting I have learnt richly from informal and impromtu situations and understand that making both available and accessible is where the excitement and challenge is.
Interfaces Ltd, provides Corporate Education Services. It facilitates personal and project achievement using structure and innovation. It is also Tai Chi for thistime in yourlife.
My life is constantly enriched by my family and friends and associates. My husband is as mad about Remote Control Model Aircrafts and all things pertaining to, as I am about gardening, tai chi and textiles. Our three grown children offer us 3 different viewpoints on the world, awesome.
An edible garden
My wiki projects
- I registered for <a href="Learning4Content/Workshops/eL4C47/Home">eL4C47</a>, a <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Learning4Content">Learning4Content</a> workshop to learn wiki skills.
My optional community service (learning contract) project
to work with the project leader or take on that role or etc to develop resources for Culinary Education --<a href="User:Jane scripps">Jane scripps</a> 20:05, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
| <img src="http://WikiEducator.org/images/thumb/6/63/100px-L4C-small.png/50px-100px-L4C-small.png" _fck_mw_filename="100px-L4C-small.png" _fck_mw_width="50" alt="" /> Agreement
||By signing this optional <a href="Learning4Content/Learning contract">learning contract </a>I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a <a href="WikiMaster/WikiBuddy">Wikibuddy</a>. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/">CC-BY-SA</a> or <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/">CC-BY</a> license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <to work with the project leader or take on that role or etc to develop resources for Culinary Education>|
| Target date for completion
|| <the project leader needs to contact me first to discuss timelines'>.|
| --<a href="User:Jane scripps">Jane scripps</a> 20:07, 24 November 2010 (UTC)Signature
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: [[--<a href="User:Jane scripps">Jane scripps</a> 20:10, 24 November 2010 (UTC)Image:Signature button RTE.png]].>|
Feedback and notes from my <a href="WikiNeighbour">WikiNeighbours</a>
- Hi Jane. thanks for your lovely note. For the signature, when you are editing your page, you find this panel on the top of the blank space...look at the tenth button, it looks like a signature. Just click on it and your signature is introduced. All the best.... Cynthia--<a href="User:Agnes">Agnes</a> 00:46, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hullo Jane... Good to see you doing so well on Wikieducator. You can spice up your page by adding some colour. Check pages of other Wikifellows and try the codes used by them . all the best on your wikijourney... it is something that leaves you enriched....Cynthia --<a href="User:Agnes">Agnes</a> 04:49, 18 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Jane.Really excited to have got the opportunity of working with people having such a wonderful career like you.Hope we could make the most of the workshop by working along the guide lines of the facilitators.<a _fcknotitle="true" href="User:Khrachss">User:Khrachss</a>Abdul 16:35, 20 November 2010 (UTC) </li>
- Dear Jane, Welcome again to WikiEducator and thank you for leaving a message on the Culinary Education site. You most definitely came to the right place wanting to join WikiEducator and all its activity. I highly recommend you join our WikiEducator Mailing Lists. See the column on the list, click on Mailing list and join the group. Once you have followed the individual steps, you will be a valued member of over our over 15,500 global educator team. Introduce yourself to all by writing briefly who you are and what you want to do, or what you envision to do and find like-minded people to join you in your effort. Warm wishes --<a href="User:Pschlicht">Patricia Schlicht</a> 20:14, 24 November 2010 (UTC) </li></ul>
<img class="FCK__MWTemplate" src="http://wikieducator.org/extensions/FCKeditor/fckeditor/editor/images/spacer.gif" _fckfakelement="true" _fckrealelement="0" _fck_mw_template="true"> </font> <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Category:EL4C47_Participants">EL4C47_Participants</a>