User:Fariha:)/Recipes!yummy!!/Indian Chai Tea Cupcakes
4 oz--110gm--1/2cup caster sugar
4 oz--110gm--1/2 cup unsalted butter or margarine
4 oz--110gm--1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 tablespoon of milk
E1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with a mixer or wooden spoon
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat each one well.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder and spice powders and fennel seeds (sieve together into the bowl with the other ingredients) and mix gently together.
- Divide into cup cases and fill 2/3 s full.
- Large cupcakes cook at for 15 to 20 minutes, small cupcakes for 12 to 15 minutes, both at gas 5, 375F or 190C in the middle of an oven.
- Remove and cool
- I garnished with butter cream which had more ground spice added, I chose clove. I dusted the cupcakes with ground cinnamon. I added a few fennel seeds and 2 whole cloves. They were a good blend of spices.
Variations could use the other suggested spices above cardamon, cinnamon, ginger, star anise,pepper corn, cloves, nutmeg, chocolate,cocoa,vanilla, liquorice and rose. Fresh rose petals would be a beautiful garnish
Some thing tasty Apple Raisin Cake!!
For more information visit: http://www.wteashop.com