Action Research Template
The following template may be used for your action research:
Context of the Problem
- Problem statement and rationale
- Research questions/hypothesis (independent and dependent variables)
- Scope and delimitation of the study
- Theoretical framework
Method and Materials
- Describe independent variables
- Describe the dependent variables: (a) What was being measured? and (b) How was data collected? (Change these questions to the future tense when developing the procedure section before research has actually been implemented: What will be measured, How will data be collected?)
Results and Data Analysis
Present the findings of the investigation using graphs, tables, etc.
Discuss your results in terms of how they answer your research question(s) or hypothesis. Did your intervention work? What recommendations can you offer? How might others extend this research? Are there any limitations?
Adhere to APA.
Note: For those taking Applied Linguistics for credit, please do the following:
- Copy and paste the template above as a subpage to your user page.
- Adhere to the following approximate word count per section...
- Context of the problem should be 800 words
- Method and Materials should be 500 words
- Results and Data Analysis should be 500 words
- Discussion should be 1,000 words that includes a 250-word conclusion.