Have a go at the quiz below to test your knowledge of natural tsunami warning signs, official and unofficial warnings and tsunami signage.
Answer the following questions:
1. Which of the following is a tsunami warning sign?
2. What should you do if there is a tsunami warning issued?
3. How far inland should you go if there is a tsunami warning issued?
4. How high above sea level should you try to get if there is warning of a tsunami?
5. What should you NEVER do if there is a tsunami warning?
6. What should you do if there is a large or slow earthquake while you are on the beach?
7. What colours are used on tsunami warning signage in New Zealand?
8. What does the tsunami sign below tell you?
9. Which of the following is NOT a category of tsunami signage?
10. What information should be on a tsunami information board at the beach?