Circle the correct answer
- 1. A tissue is: a collection of nuclei / a collection of organelles / a collection of cells / a collection of organs.
- 2. The four major tissue types are: epithelial / fat / connective / bone / muscle / nervous / blood.
- 3. Epidermal tissue: protects and supports the body / covers body surfaces / is responsible for movement / lines hollow organs / transmits nerve impulses / forms glands.
- 4. The inside of blood vessels is lined with: cuboidal epithelium / squamous epithelium / transitional epithelium / columnar epithelium.
- 5. The tissue illustrated below is: cuboidal epithelium / adipose tissue / squamous epithelium / loose connective tissue / blood.
- 6. The kidney tubules are lined with: cuboidal epithelium / squamous epithelium / transitional epithelium / columnar epithelium?
- 7. Where is ciliated columnar epithelium NOT found : in the kidney tubule / lining the fallopian tubes / lining the trachea / lining the small intestine?
- 8. Stratified epithelia: were laid down many centuries ago / are more important than other tissues / consist of several layers of cells / always occur in straight lines.
- 9. Transitional epithelium allows the: arteries to expand / skin to stretch / uterus to contract / bladder to stretch.
- 10. The tissue illustrated below is: squamous epithelium / columnar epithelium / squamous stratified epithelium / transitional epithelium / lymph
- 11. Non keratinised stratified squamous epithelium does NOT OCCUR: lining the vagina / covering the body / lining the mouth / lining the uterus.
- 12. The surface cells of keratinised stratified squamous epithelium are continually: dying / changing shape / being recycled / being shed from the surface.
- 13. Which of the following are NOT found in connective tissue?:Cells / fibres / minerals / fluid matrix / cilia.
- 14. Which of the following are NOT connective tissues: blood / fingernails / tendon / bone / saliva / adipose tissue / cartilage?
- 15. Which of the following muscle tissues has branched fibres, intercalated discs between adjacent cells and contracts automatically: striated voluntary muscle / smooth involuntary muscle / cardiac muscle?
- 16. Which of the following muscle tissues has long fibres with cross bands and nuclei on the surface? Striated voluntary muscle / smooth involuntary muscle / cardiac muscle?
- 17. Which muscle tissue moves bones? striated voluntary muscle / smooth involuntary muscle / cardiac muscle.
- 18. The tissue illustrated below is: striated muscle / blood / squamous epithelium / cartilage / transitional epithelium
- 19. Which muscle tissue is found in blood vessel walls, in the gut wall and in glands? striated voluntary muscle / smooth involuntary muscle / cardiac muscle.
- 20. The tissue illustrated below is: striated muscle / tendon / smooth muscle / transitional epithelium / cardiac muscle
- 21. Match the tissue type with the function.
|a. Connective Tissue||A. Communicating|
|b. Muscle Tissue||B. Supporting & communicating|
|c. Epithelial Tissue||C. Contracting|
|d. Nervous Tissue||D. Covering and lining|