The Anatomy and Physiology of Animals/Test Yourselves/Chemicals Test Yourself
1. What is the difference between an atom and a molecule?
2. What is the chemical name for baking soda?
- And its formula?
3. Write the equation for carbonic acid splitting into water and carbon dioxide.
4. A solution of table salt in water is an example of an electrolyte.
- What ions are present in this solution?
5. What element is always present in proteins but not usually in fats or carbohydrates?
6. List three differences between glucose and glycogen.