Teachers Without Borders/Learning disabilities education
There are a number of WikiEducators who specialize in working with and teaching about learning disabilities. As part of the ongoing CollabOERation project, this is a program that would be well suited to adopting as a proof-of-concept project.
also see...Special Education
- Autism Spectrum Disorders http://wikieducator.org/The_Autism_Spectrum_Disorders
- Inclusive Education - Learning disabilities http://wikieducator.org/Inclusive_Education#.28v.29_Learning_Disabilities - includes teacher training activities
- disabilities simulations - AbilityHub http://www.abilityhub.com Abledata http://www.abledata.com/ Indiana University http://www.indiana.edu/~iuadapts/sitemap.html
- Using E-Learning as a Strategic Tool for Students with Disabilities http://wikieducator.org/images/9/98/PID_209.pdf
- Inclusive Education - appreciate the needs of disabled children in a classroom, list the types of disabilities and the matching curriculum adaptation, devise mechanisms in the training programmes to enable the teachers fit into the role, develop proper perspective with regard to disabled children & internalise this focus in all activities they undertake.