We should also consider what i can call "teacher related" causes of bad physics teaching such as :-
- When the teacher is under stress including one from other sources other than school stress e.g domestic related or disciplined students....
- Low motivation,such as from such things as poor pay. Just how should an educator cope so as not to affect student learning?!! Can someone get resources in this respect?
Pkato 17:28, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hi Peter, thanks for this input. How about if you make a list of such hindering factors? And then we try to find out about which points we can do something about, and which we have to simply accept. And then try to write a positive list too: Which factors are likely to rise the motivation of the teacher ...
- In my experience, good tuition is formed by millions of different influences. In my first years I suffered a lot from indisciplined students. I had to educe my personality and my didactics to overcome this. I think the work in a teachers platform like ours is a good instrument for personal development.
- About remuneration: We have a kickoff funding for this project here. Vincent has the details. --White Eagle 09:33, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
The more I come to think of it,the more realize that the problems of physics teaching are more teacher related than any other!!Lack of preparation/planning,..theoretical exposition...lack of innovation..etc Last week I came across a resource on the Internet(),for dissecting the eye of a cow so as to examine the internal parts!...the lens...cornea...screla..etc. and I did it practically with my students in a physics lesson..(the eye as an optical instrument!)the result? I have never seen my students so happy..so involved...I too (the teacher)was suprised and seeing these things for the first time in my life!!! One student remarked that ..."I felt like a real scientist while doing the dissection!"--Pkato 06:17, 23 October 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, Peter, this is beautiful! I've never heard of that before. I'll ask our biology teachers if they know! Could you please give details on that project! I think we should write a list of good projects with lesson plans. --Günther Osswald 13:59, 24 October 2008 (UTC)