Sustainable practice 2/Activities/Cooperation
To practice cooperation through communication
Group reflection exercise (20 minutes)
This activity can be done outside in the fresh air! Or in a classroom
- Get the whole class into a circle in the middle of the room
- Form a circle with arms out, just overlapping
- Put the arms down then walk towards the middle of the room
- When they are all squashed in the middle have them hold hands with someone on the other side of the circle. Different alternate hands is are essential
- Then slowly stretch the circle out
- Recap 10 minutes - Break into groups of 4 and discuss the key characteristics of a ‘successful team’. What helped them to unravel? What were the ‘success factors’? Write them down on a whiteboard, have a discussion.
The aim: to unravel the circle! To be standing as they were at the beginning of the activity.