Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Fundamental concepts in OOAD
UML is a powerful tool to represent the concepts in OOAD
- Objects: Objects represent an entity and the basic building block.
- Class: Class is the blue print of an object.
- Abstraction: Abstraction represents the behavior of an real world entity.
- Encapsulation: Encapsulation is the mechanism of binding the data together and hiding them from outside world.
- Inheritance: Inheritance is the mechanism of making new classes from existing one.
- Polymorphism: It defines the mechanism to exists in different forms.
UML and OOAD
UML uses the following design concepts and transforms the design into visual artifacts
- Identifying the objects of a system.
- Identify their relationships.
- Make a design which can be converted to executables using OO languages
UML can also be used to model non software systems