Please see the learning objectives of the topic What is management? below:
|The objective of Topic 1 What is management? is to provide basic understanding on the following key features of management:
- Management is a collaborative work.
- Management is a process wherein all managers engage in certain interrelated activities in order to achieve the desired goals.
- It uses all resources of the organization, both physical and human.
- It aims at achieving the organization’s goals.
- Management has the features of a science, an art and a profession.
- Primary functions of the management are planning, organizing, staffing and controlling.
- The normal structure of the management is in a pyramid shape with three levels.
This Topic has five sections. They are:
- Definition of Management
- Process of Management
- Nature of Management
- Primary Functions of Management
- Levels of Management
|| Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.