|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Centre of Excellence for Open Education Professional Development (CE-OEPD)
As an OER development platform and social learning ecosystem, WikiEducator is ideally positioned to be a global Centre of Excellence for Open Education Professional Development.
The CE-OEPD can be a place where educators learn new skills to help them achieve higher levels of competency and capability within their desired learning environments; and sharing their established knowledge and talents with others in the Community. Moreover, it can be used to leverage WE's extensive network of educational people and resources - to serve the needs of teacher-educators, educational institutions and learning organizations.
Building Your Skills & Confidence
The Centre also provides a place, where you can develop your education skills almost iteratively, in developing and revising / updating content. In other words, by adding content on the wiki, and refining it over time - with support from colleagues, and other folks that you will get to know as an educator, you will become better at what you do, more well versed in the application of blended learning technologies.
How it Works
Educator A identifies an area or interest that s/he wants to learn. Educator A identifies what Pro-D skills and competencies s/he can share. WE Community + CEO-PD makes connections to satisfy Educator A's interest in Pro-D. In return, Educator A develops or collaborates on the development open education Pro-D materials in line with his/her abilities, and potentially in Educator B, C, or D's interest.
Pro-D Courses & Modules
- Flexible Learning, Otago Polytechnic, NZ
- Design and Graphics Communications
- Facilitating Online Communities, Otago Polytechnic, NZ
- Wiki Skills, WikiEducator
- Blended Learning, Nellie Deutsch
- Trainer-Facilitator's Guide (focused on Community Engagement & Pilot Projects), Randy Fisher (coming in 2009)
- Training & Workshop Materials Development, Community Media / Radio
- Peer tutoring
- Write 2 Teach in 3 Days. by Sanjaya Mishra, India
- 21st Century Learning for the EFL Class
- Biology Educator Declan' McCabe's pioneering and innovative model to engage student teacher in OER Content Development
- Community Service Learning Guidelines, User:Vtaylor
- Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation
- NCERT - National Council of Educational Research & Training (India)
- Technology Supported Learning, Valerie Taylor
- Teacher Education in Sub-Saharan Africa (TESSA)
- Center for Physics Teaching, Uganda - Vincent Kizza and White Eagle
- [Scholarship Resources for Teachers